Northeast Nebraska Master Gardener
22nd Annual Plant Fair -
April 25 & 26, 2014
NECC Chuck Pohlman Ag Complex, Norfolk
2014 Plant Fair Flyer PDF 879 KB
Friday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
* FREE admission!
* Educational Speakers
* Demonstrations: Your Path to Health and Harmony - Red Road Herbs
* Children's Garden: Special activities for children to learn a love of gardening!
* Door Prizes drawn hourly!
* Great Vendors selling flowers, herbs & plants as well as mulch, garden décor, sculptures, home décor, garden tools, etc!
* Ask The Master Gardener booth will feature a Master Gardener member on hand to answer your gardening questions!
* New perennials and annuals on hand for sale!
* Locally grown houseplants for sale, grown by Master Gardener members!
* Plant Sitter Area: Place to keep your purchases until you have completed shopping and listening to speakers!
* Delivery assistance to your vehicle!
* Lunch Stand provided by Master Gardeners!
* Proceeds from the Plant Fair help support Educational Speakers and Horticulture Scholarships to Northeast Community College!
Northeast Nebraska Master Gardener 2014 Plant Fair Youth Horticulture ID Contest
The Northeast Nebraska Master Gardeners will host a Youth Horticulture ID Contest at their annual Plant Fair on Saturday, April 26 at 11:00 am. Youth ages 8-18 are encouraged to participate. Participation is free. Pre-register by April 18 by contacting UNL Extension - Madison County (402) 370-4040(402) 370-4040. Prizes are given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each of the three age brackets.
Prizes: 1st Place - $25 cash + $25 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
2nd Place - $10 cash + $15 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
3rd Place - $10 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
Prizes awarded at 12:30 pm.
Contestants are required to sight ID horticultural plants to the accepted common name.
Study Guides below:
NEW Plant List
Partial Study Guides