Northeast Nebraska Master Gardener
23rd Annual Plant Fair & Market-
April 24 & 25, 2015
NECC Chuck Pohlman Ag Complex, NorfolkFriday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 3:00 pmPlant Fair features include:
* FREE admission!
* Educational Speakers
* Children's Garden: Special activities for children to learn a love of gardening!
Plus Make and Take Nectar Feeders Saturday at 11:30 am and 1:00 pm!
* Door Prizes drawn hourly!
* Great Vendors offering nursery, garden, & home décor plus jewelry, kitchen tools, skin care, crafts, quilts, collectables, candles, toys, and gourmet foods!
* Ask The Master Gardener booth will feature a Master Gardener member on hand to answer your gardening questions!
* New perennials and annuals on hand for sale!
* Locally grown houseplants for sale, grown by Master Gardener members!
* Plant Sitter Area: Place to keep your purchases until you have completed shopping and listening to speakers!
* Delivery assistance to your vehicle!
* Lunch Stand provided by Master Gardeners!
* Proceeds from the Plant Fair help support Educational Speakers and Horticulture Scholarships to Northeast Community College!
Northeast Nebraska Master Gardener 2015 Plant Fair Youth Horticulture ID Contest
The Northeast Nebraska Master Gardeners will host a Youth Horticulture ID Contest at their annual Plant Fair & Market on Saturday, April 25 at 11:00 am. Youth ages 8-18 are encouraged to participate. Participation is free. Pre-register by April 17 by contacting Nebraska Extension - Madison County (402) 370-4040. Prizes are given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each of the three age brackets.
Prizes: 1st Place - $25 cash + $25 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
2nd Place - $10 cash + $15 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
3rd Place - $10 gift certificate to the Master Gardener Plant Booths
Prizes awarded at 12:30 pm.
Contestants are required to sight ID horticultural plants to the accepted common name.
Study Guides below:
Partial Study Guides
Perennial Partner Sponsors:
Flower Friend Sponsors:
eXtension - Ask An Expert